While BMC doesn’t do tax prep internally, we do work with some fabulous CPA partners – and can recommend one that will be a great fit for your business (and we’ll ensure that your books are in-line with your CPA’s standards).
Or if you prefer to use your own CPA, we will ensure your books are accurately updated throughout the year so they’re ready to be passed on to your tax preparer.
Contrary to popular belief, accountants and bookkeepers perform distinctly different tasks for the businesses they serve. Bookkeepers are responsible for on-going maintenance of their clients’ general ledgers. A bookkeeper’s common responsibilities consist of compiling data on a regular basis, categorizing expenses in the general ledger, reviewing the general ledger for accuracy, reconciling bank statements against the general ledger, and generating financial statements
Accountants use the accurate and up-to-date general ledger maintained by the bookkeeper to offer advisory services, such as preparing income tax returns and providing tax planning advice
We are always evaluating our list of tools to ensure we’re using the most effective and efficient tools. Our current list includes QBO, Bill.com, Dubsado, Shopify, and Gusto.
We work with companies of all sizes and revenue levels.
We provide several services to help you maintain and grow your business:
- Money-in/revenue reconciliation – Recording deposits, matching payments to accounts receivable, cashflow management
- Expense management – Expenses categorization, accounts payable, receipt and mileage tracking
- Bill payment – Online bill payment, document storage
- Payroll services – Payroll software setup, reconciliation
- Financial reporting – Producing/reviewing financial statements from GL (i.e. Income Statement, Balance Sheet)
We support small and medium sized businesses across many industries, but we specialize in the following niches:
- Professional services – Consultants, graphic designers, job placement firms, photographers, etc.
- Health and wellness – Gyms, salons, spas, medical offices, psychiatry/psychology practices, dentists, etc.
We charge a flat monthly fee based on your needs. Please visit our pricing page for more information.
- Small businesses can now select a bookkeeper who truly understands their industry and operations, instead of hiring the local, community bookkeeper by default. Technology makes it easy for to stay in touch and for both bookkeepers and business owners to securely access their books from anywhere
- BKE’s bookkeepers serve all U.S time zones and are easily accessible.
We are a team of bookkeepers based in the US.
No, between our introductory call and our initial assessment of your file, we’ll determine if any catch up or clean up is necessary. If so, we’ll offer an estimate for that work.
We use QBO (QuickBooks Online).
BMC supports bookkeeping services for multi-unit businesses and franchises as well as owners with multiple unrelated businesses. We can manage the books for each individual location or business and offer insight into your businesses’ overall financial performance.
Yes, invoicing is one of the many services we offer. We can set up recurring billing to clients or help build invoices as needed. BMC can also help you manage your invoice reconciliation process and revenue tracking.
We can help you manage simple sales tax within QBO, but for more complex tax situations (multiple locations, e-commerce, etc.) we recommend a third party sales tax app, such as TaxJar.
Yes, BMC can set you up with a cloud payroll system that connects with your accounting software. We’ll ensure the details from each pay run are accounted for in your financial records and reconciled against your bank statement.
HOW CAN WE
Let us take care of your books, so you can take care of your business.
Let's Get Started
With a quick 15 minute discovery call, we can see if our services meet your needs.